Student Athlete Program
This program is available for the 2017-2018 school year. To take advantage of pilot year pricing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-938-4140.
Working closely with coaches and athletic directors, we developed the Student Athlete Program over several years. This will be the perfect complement to the “classroom” curriculum (Character Development & Leadership), that is currently used in 2,000+ high schools across this country. The goal of the Student Athlete Program is to develop the character and leadership of high school student-athletes in an athletic environment. This is a program that high school athletic directors purchase for use by all students participating in athletics.
- We have enough material to cover 3 athletic seasons a year for 4 years without redundancy.
- Athletes receive an online lesson via an interactive app on their devices (ipad, phone, computer) 7 days a week.
- Athlete responses go directly to their coach, allowing coach to monitor each athlete’s progress.
- Coaches follow up with athletes as they see fit, fully understanding that some will talk about this daily, some weekly and some just during training camp.
- Coaches receive team building leadership exercises to strengthen team unity, drive and cohesion.
Program Content Delivered Each Week of the Season
- Monday Life Lesson – Powerful 2-minute video-based life lessons delivered by coaches and athletes.
- Tuesday Sports Blog – Dr. Hoedel authors a sports-based blog about current events related to character and leadership.
- Wednesday Role Model – Students read about a group of diversified sports-oriented role models that exemplify the traits covered in the program.
- Thursday Dilemma – Students respond to sports-oriented ethical dilemmas to teach decision-making skills and ethics.
- Friday Pep Talk – Passionate speeches from coaches via YouTube are viewed to get athletes ready for the big game.
- Saturday Movie Clip – Segments from character-based popular sports movies are viewed and discussed.
- Sunday Goals – Student-athletes complete short tasks to improve their individual and team performance.
Student Athlete Program Character Traits
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3|
View Sample Week Via Our App
Below I have provided instructions on how to access the online Student Athlete Program sample course (contains one full unit and the coach’s box that contains multiple leadership/team building exercises).
- From your phone or tablet search the app store and install the Moodle Mobile app.
- Once it has been installed, open the app and enter the following URL www.classroom.characterandleadership.com and connect.
- Log in with the following credentials: Username: cd&L Password: Leadership!1 (case sensitive) You are now logged in as an athlete and will see the program from that perspective.
- Select my courses and then choose student athlete approach sample
- Please select the following sample unit: Season 1: Week 1(Positive Attitude).
- You can now view all 7 exercises. At the end of each exercise, answer the follow up question. Your responses can be immediately seen by your coach.